Friday, July 29, 2011
1. My favorite color is pink, but I also love orange. Well, I love all colors too:)
2. My travel destination of choice is probably the beach. I love to sink my toes in the sand with a good book and spend time with my family.
3. My favorite food is hard to narrow down since I love good food. Some of my favorites are my daddy's shrimp and grits, good ol' tomato sandwiches, sushi (the cooked stuff), steak, and Raisinettes.
4. My happy place is on my parents' front porch swing.
5. My favorite saying is "bless her/him".
6. My dirty little secret is that I vaccum the house at least once a day.
7. Something friends might say about me is that I have a slight obsession with accessories:) What can I say...this girl loves earrings, rings, shoes, and more!
Thursday, July 28, 2011
9. THE most economical device to teach reading is already in your home. Finland’s children have the highest reading scores in the world and they use this device more than any other country—and it’s free! It’s closed-captioning on the TV. Turn it on by using the “menu” button on the remote to reach the “cc” area. Children unconsciously absorb the sight of the words and their sounds, making connections to how print is used. It’s like having a free magazine sub- scription in the home. All print counts. What about recorded books—do they count? Read on.
So here is a top ten list of my personal favorite children's books...
1. Saturdays and Teacakes by Lester Laminack
2. Stephanie's Ponytail by Robert Munsch
3. The Doll People, The Meanest Doll in the World, and The Runaway Dolls by Ann Martin
4. The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton
5. Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White
6. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
7. I've Been Burping in the Classroom and other Silly Sing-Along Songs by Bruce Lansky
8. Corduroy by Don Freeman
9. Just Go to Bed By Mercer Mayer
10. Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Saturday, July 23, 2011
Friday, July 22, 2011
The final products...how cute are their flip flops?
Story time with our sweet story, Shoe-La-La!
Saturday, July 9, 2011
We had a blast celebrating a sweet girl's birthday! My sister worked for months collecting items to make this party super fun. A lot of work from everyone, including my parents, went into making this party perfect. It was worth it when 8 little girlies left with a big smile on their face and some precious flip-flops, notecards, and other goodies.