Friday, July 22, 2011

Show Us Your Life Friday...marriage advice


This is my first "Show Us Your Life" post from Kelly's Korner so here it goes...this week is to give marriage advice.

Six years ago J and I were married in a small little country church in Simpsonville. We dated for 10 years before we tied the knot so we knew each other VERY well. I will always remember the verse that our preacher said during our ceremony. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." 1 Corinthians 13:4-7

My mom also shared with us during our first year of marriage something that she heard from a friend who had been married for MANY years. The story consisted of one word...OVERLOOK! This is something we have to do each and everyday. Sometimes it is so hard but in the end, it's not always worth nagging, fussing, and fighting over the little things that might bother you.

Laughter is another thing that must be a part of your marriage...there is not a day that goes by that J doesn't make me laugh from my belly! I love him for that and for so many other reasons. Can't wait to spend the rest of my lifetime with him!

1 comment: