So when I picked the chair up from school on Monday I really debated on whether or not I wanted to tackle this project. It was a super nice stool just the way it was and I didn't want to mess up but...I took the plunge!
Step one...painting it chocolate brown!
Next was to start adding some color...my nerves were shot on this stage! Many, many coats had to be applied to reach the exact color that I wanted due to the dark brown.
Then the polka dots were traced on the seat, horseshoes were drawn, and colored dots were added. Thank you Amanda for that brilliant idea! I had to actually paint the paper polka dots to match because the red wasn't exactly the same color and there were no turquoise!
Cow print was added to the legs and seat...(excuse that laundry)
The last and worst part was added the glossy coat of clear since you can't really see where you've painted and where you haven't.
All in all...I'm pleased with it! My little Giddy-Ups sure will be excited about jumping up on this stool, throwing on a cowboy hat, and sharing the masterpieces that they have written for the day! YEEHAW:)
Next up...5 gallon bucket seats for my reading table! Off to Lowe's now...