Sunday, August 21, 2011

Footloose and fancy free!


I feel so guilty that I haven't blogged in over a week so this post is a little lengthy! Getting back into the "back to school" routine is so hard, and I only have myself to worry about. Those of you with little ones and a full time job...my hat goes off to you. Every afternoon when I get home I have to have a little down time just to unwind and then I try to be "wife of the year" and cook dinner, do laundry, get ready for the next day. I've been so bad about even going to the gym this week. My goal next week is to enter the doors of CF at least 3 times...Whew! I hope can do that!
This weekend was so fun!
Friday night a couple of girlfriends and I went to see Footloose at the little Fountain Inn Civic Center.
Kelly, Tarah, and KKG at Papas and Beer
Susannah, Kelly T, and Shelley

Can I say that this production was adorable? The cast members did a fabulous job recreating one of the BEST movies ever. The girl that played Ariel even sounded like her. There are so many scenes from that movie that I just LOVE!!! Here are just a few...

And this quote says it all..."From the oldest of times, people danced for a number of reasons. They danced in prayer... or so that their crops would be plentiful... or so their hunt would be good. And they danced to stay physically fit... and show their community spirit. And they danced to celebrate." And that is the dancing we're talking about. Aren't we told in Psalm 149 "Praise
ye the Lord. Sing unto the Lord a new song. Let them praise His name in the dance"?

Needless to say I cleaned our house to the Footloose soundtrack.

Jeremy roped on Saturday (he won 1st and 2nd...so proud) so I cleaned, and cleaned, and cleaned some more. I also made this cute little wreath for fall for my momma. She's going to hang indian corn in the center or maybe something else to add a little more color to it.

I cannot wait for cooler weather, long sleeve t-shirts, TIGER football,
apple pies, and oyster roasts!

Saturday night, I went with my parents to my first ever Greenville Drive game. Other than the nasty storm that came up, it was loads of fun!
Today, we went to church, had lunch, and then I was a little crafty and whipped these two Halloween wreaths out for two of my sweet friends at school. I took the pics with my phone so they are not clear. I LOVE BURLAP!
Hope everyone else had a great weekend! We did, I just wish it went by a lot slower:)

No comments:

Post a Comment